Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Okay this HAS TO STOP!
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

RE: Okay this HAS TO STOP!
From what I hear, the cop was actually trying to shoot the autistic man.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
07-26-2016 08:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

(07-26-2016 08:01 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  From what I hear, the cop was actually trying to shoot the autistic man.

Do you think that part of the story will receive widespread media coverage?
07-26-2016 08:35 AM
Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(07-26-2016 08:35 AM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  
(07-26-2016 08:01 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  From what I hear, the cop was actually trying to shoot the autistic man.

Do you think that part of the story will receive widespread media coverage?

I heard it on The Daily Show, which tends to draw its material from the mainstream news. That doesn't mean it got any widespread coverage, though.

07-26-2016 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

They shot the black man while they were trying to shoot the autistic man. This was while the black guy was lying on his back and shouting that the autistic man had a toy and was unarmed.

Once the black man was shot the cops cuffed him and left him lying face-down on the ground bleeding from his bullet wounds, and did nothing to help him or to check that he was okay.

It sounds to me like the cops will say anything they think will take the blame off them. In a case like this I would assign zero credibility to anything that the cops have to say.
07-26-2016 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

Of course, their explanation that they were trying to shoot the autistic man doesn't really make things any better.

07-26-2016 09:59 AM
Max000 Offline

(07-26-2016 09:56 AM)142857 Wrote:  They shot the black man while they were trying to shoot the autistic man. This was while the black guy was lying on his back and shouting that the autistic man had a toy and was unarmed.

Once the black man was shot the cops cuffed him and left him lying face-down on the ground bleeding from his bullet wounds, and did nothing to help him or to check that he was okay.

It sounds to me like the cops will say anything they think will take the blame off them. In a case like this I would assign zero credibility to anything that the cops have to say.

Bingo. Cops lie all the time to protect their own asses. When the black guy asked the cop "Sir, why did you shoot me?’ The cops response was "I don't know.” Then the cop went and talked to his union, and they came up with the cockamamy story that the cop was just trying to protect the black man from the autistic man with the toy truck. Yeah, right. Thats why the cop handcuffed the black man after he shot him, and left him bleeding on the ground for 20 minutes.

Autism Social Forum
A place for autistic people to discuss their interests.
07-26-2016 11:14 AM
Max000 Offline

(07-26-2016 09:59 AM)d_olson27 Wrote:  Of course, their explanation that they were trying to shoot the autistic man doesn't really make things any better.

It makes it better for the cop. The cop goes from an attempted murder charge to an accidental shooting with no charges what so ever.

Autism Social Forum
A place for autistic people to discuss their interests.
07-26-2016 11:17 AM
LanguageWolf Offline
Official worst sjw stereotype

The black man was shot because he was black. The "explanation" that they were aiming at the autistic wasn't cooked up until the next day. They are trying to say they weren't being racist.

"I am going to make trolling great again!"
"Well, I think trolling is already great!"
"TROLLING WAS NEVER GREAT OMFG"
07-26-2016 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

Even if it is fact, it turns the cop from racist to ablist. Not really trading up.

From a PR standpoint, the black man who was shot was clearly complying with law enforcement and was clearly not a threat. To a lot of people out there, an autistic man would be seen as defenseless, which generates a lot of pity from people. Whatever the truth is, neither of these men were doing anything that merits being shot.

Thank goodness everyone came out of that situation alive. Both of the men are in demographics that often do not survive encounters with police.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2016 12:06 PM by d_olson27.)
07-26-2016 12:00 PM
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

We should be open to the idea that this was motivated by ableism.

There are already several other incidents that prove American cops are racist. The topic of police ableism is seldom brought up.
07-26-2016 12:33 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)