Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Marine Le Pen is winning in France.
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

RE: Marine Le Pen is winning in France.
I think the Democrats were scared off by the Michael Foot effect.

Foot, a veteran MP since the end of WWII, finally became leader of the UK Labour Party in the early 1980s. His left-wing agenda and scruffy-git appearance led to a massive defeat for the party in the 1983 election, despite the country being in the grip of the aftermath of a Tory recession and having massive unemployment and wage deflation under Thatcher's lunatic policies.

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
11-26-2016 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

In other news, some internet trolls are trying to get Alternative Fur Deutschland elected in Germany.

That would be ... symbolic ... to put it mildly.

Is there a right-wing wave sweeping over the West? Can we blame Angela Merkel for this?
01-22-2017 03:11 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Luke Mauser Offline
Resident rebel

(01-22-2017 03:11 PM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  In other news, some internet trolls are trying to get Alternative Fur Deutschland elected in Germany.

Do they make fake fur coats?

History is the lies of the victors coupled with the delusions of the defeated. It is an imagined certainty created at the point where the imperfection of memory meets the inadequacy of documentation.
01-22-2017 07:13 PM
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

(01-22-2017 07:13 PM)Luke Mauser Wrote:  
(01-22-2017 03:11 PM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  In other news, some internet trolls are trying to get Alternative Fur Deutschland elected in Germany.

Do they make fake fur coats?

Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
01-22-2017 07:18 PM
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

This woman is freaking me out. She's crazy.

The cancer of fascism is spreading like a wildfire.
04-27-2017 02:32 PM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

(11-23-2016 12:24 PM)d_olson27 Wrote:  Follow Bernie Sanders' example. He has a great message that people line up behind, but I don't think anyone ever thought to themselves, "You know who would make a great president? A 70-year-old, non-practicing Jewish guy with crazy hair."

The Right threw everything they could at him.

The Left threw everything they could at him.

They mocked him and tried to discredit him. His own party undermined him.

And yet he still would have wiped the floor with Trump if his own party (the Democrats) had seen sense, listened to the people, and made him their nominee.

The Left should be looking at Bernie Sanders and copying their future strategy from him. I'm sure Bernie wouldn't mind. But, for a multitude of reasons, that isn't going to happen.
04-27-2017 03:22 PM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Marine_Le_Pen

Quotes by Marine Le Pen.

She isn't crazy. She is very clever.

And she takes truths that everyone can see, but which her opponents are denying, and mixes them with xenophobia and nationalism.

She didn't rise from a vacuum. The political mainstream made her the force that she is. In a hypothetical France where the political mainstream addressed the genuine concerns of the people, she would be nothing.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 03:28 PM by 142857.)
04-27-2017 03:26 PM
Genesis Offline
Globetrotter; The Blogger

I can see it now... Nationalism: French Style Facepalm Oh God.... who am I kidding -_-

[Image: GJ8Hf7r.jpg]
04-27-2017 03:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

I am still waiting for all the American celebrities who said they would move to Canada if Trump won to come to Canada. I am sure they would love to pay our higher tax rates and all that extra revenue might be used to help with all the refugees that are coming illegally from America. Could someone make a list? I am sure these people would like to be reminded. Maybe I could also write to my MP and the immigration minister to help speed up the process of celebrity migration to Canada.
04-28-2017 02:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)