Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
How We Should Look at the "BLM Kidnapping"
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

How We Should Look at the "BLM Kidnapping"
As many of you already know, a horrible thing happened a while ago. A bunch of black supremacist teenagers kidnapped a mentally handicapped white guy and tortured him. Lots of racist shock-jocks are calling this the "BLM Kidnapping".

https://www.bustle.com/p/what-is-the-blm...roup-28129

Calling this the "BLM Kidnapping" is highly inappropriate in my opinion. It's not okay to put BLM on the same level as this. I found the above article by searching for "BLM kidnapping" on Google. One of the top articles was a piece from The Daily Stormer. I'm not surprised.

Of course, there is another side to this. Imagine if this man wasn't mentally handicapped. Would he have been kidnapped? I doubt it.

Are we next? That's what we should be asking.
01-09-2017 03:56 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Dottie
Unregistered

RE: How We Should Look at the "BLM Kidnapping"
(01-09-2017 03:56 AM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  Of course, there is another side to this. Imagine if this man wasn't mentally handicapped. Would he have been kidnapped? I doubt it.

-_-; He would have been kidnapped even if he was a normie. This era is bringing out the bad in everyone. I don't excuse the four Black teens behavior. I don't know 'all' the details to the story.
Shoot, I had my peers (back in 8th grade) throw sand in my mouth. They were Black teenage girls, thought it was funny because I looked Latinx/Hispanic. I didn't even bother telling any official at school.
I know the guy been through worse than what had happened to me in 8th grade. Hopefully, they aren't given a 'slap on the wrist'.

Here's question though? Would the reaction be the same if it was four White teens beating up a disabled non-White* man?

*My definition of non-White; Asian, Black, Latinx/Hispanic (both Black and White), Indigenous people, and other people that aren't considered White in the sense of Whiteness. Confused

(01-09-2017 03:56 AM)HammerBioLizard Wrote:  Are we next? That's what we should be asking.

-_-; This question ticks me off. I'll answer it anyway...
NO! Y'all are not next. None of y'all are next. I am not even next. WE as the Autistic community (regardless of Race and Ethnicity) are not next.

We need to heal racial relations, not make matters worse. Humph!

Excuse me while I cool off before I say some unnecessary stuff.
01-09-2017 09:15 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

To me, this looks like a fairly transparent attempt to cast the "Black Lives Matter" movement in a negative light.

Lowlifes who kidnap and torture disabled people, or snipers who shoot policemen, are not representative of the BLM movement. But those who oppose the BLM movement would like to make it appear that way.
01-09-2017 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dottie
Unregistered

(01-09-2017 10:40 AM)142857 Wrote:  To me, this looks like a fairly transparent attempt to cast the "Black Lives Matter" movement in a negative light.

Lowlifes who kidnap and torture disabled people, or snipers who shoot policemen, are not representative of the BLM movement. But those who oppose the BLM movement would like to make it appear that way.

Quoted for the truth and thank you for this reply.

You are correct, these are lowlives that did this to the guy. Even if he was a normie, they would still be lowlives. What makes them lowlife scum is the fact they pick on the weak and seek to harm them.
01-09-2017 12:08 PM
JWB Offline
Can I get a "Bright not broken?"

(01-09-2017 09:15 AM)Shining Star Wrote:  Here's question though? Would the reaction be the same if it was four White teens beating up a disabled non-White* man?

*My definition of non-White; Asian, Black, Latinx/Hispanic (both Black and White), Indigenous people, and other people that aren't considered White in the sense of Whiteness. Confused
I think the reaction would have been the same. If white people kidnapped and beat up a disabled man, no matter his color, they would be charged with hate crime violations. Beating up a disabled person is badly seen no matter the color, and using racial slurs against a disabled person is not well seen, either. Imagine if white kids kidnapped a black disabled person, called him racial slurs and posted the whole thing on Facebook. If the kids weren't punished, there would be riots.
Shining Star Wrote:-_-; This question ticks me off. I'll answer it anyway...
NO! Y'all are not next. None of y'all are next. I am not even next. WE as the Autistic community (regardless of Race and Ethnicity) are not next.

I think HBL is asking whether the autistic community will be discriminated against next in the Trump administration, if racism will evolve into ablism. He's not accusing you of anything.

"Some prisoners spent more than ten years buried in solitary cells the size of coffins, hearing nothing but clanging bars or footsteps in the corridors. They survived because they could talk to each other by tapping on the wall. In that way, they told of dreams, memories, and fallings in and out of love; they discussed, embraced, and fought; they shared beliefs, beauties, doubts, guilts and those questions that have no answers.
When it is genuine, when it is born of the need to speak, no one can stop the human voice. When it is denied a mouth, it speaks with the hands, the eyes, the pores, or anything at all because every single one of us has something to say to the others, something that deserves to be celebrated or forgiven by others."-Eduardo Galeano
01-10-2017 08:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

I'm saying that the victim may have been targeted because he was disabled ... not just because he was white.
01-10-2017 09:44 AM
142857 Offline
Who's your Daddy?

The victim was targeted because he was an easy victim. Being different, being disabled, makes you an easy victim for the sort of losers who commit these sort of crimes.

To me the real issue is that it is being labelled a "BLM kidnapping" in an attempt to taint the BLM movement by non-existent association.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 11:08 AM by 142857.)
01-10-2017 11:08 AM
Dottie
Unregistered

(01-10-2017 08:28 AM)JWB Wrote:  
Shining Star Wrote:-_-; This question ticks me off. I'll answer it anyway...

I think HBL is asking whether the autistic community will be discriminated against next in the Trump administration, if racism will evolve into ablism. He's not accusing you of anything.

I saw no mention of Trump in the original post. I can agree on the ableism part, though.

In my opinion, I thought racism and ableism came hand-and-hand. What I mean is, there isn't one without the other. There is such a thing of a hybrid of racism and ableism. It happens in non-White* communities all the time.

*My definition of non-White; Asian, Black, Latinx/Hispanic (both Black and White), Indigenous people, and other people that aren't considered White in the sense of Whiteness.

It might appear that I felt attacked, but I already know he wasn't accusing me of anything.

----------------------

Maybe I could have worded my first reply better. Even then, the point would've been the same. Sigh... I guess I am seeing a different picture than everyone else. Oh well. Confused
01-11-2017 06:21 AM
Ana54 Offline
Make a difference, not a mess.

I know this is kinda off topic, but it said on our news up here that the victim "had limited mental capacity". Nobody has limited mental capacity; we are all capable of infinite things, we just need to either tap into it (the higher power) or realize it's within us. We have different levels of skill in and attention to different things, but we acquire skill all the same.

I'm sentimental if you know what I mean.
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
-Leonard Cohen

My tactless tasteless timeless true international incident instigation initiative
03-01-2017 01:38 PM
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(03-01-2017 01:38 PM)Ana54 Wrote:  I know this is kinda off topic, but it said on our news up here that the victim "had limited mental capacity". Nobody has limited mental capacity; we are all capable of infinite things, we just need to either tap into it (the higher power) or realize it's within us. We have different levels of skill in and attention to different things, but we acquire skill all the same.

The other way to look at it is to say that we all have limited mental capacity. The only difference is where the limit is.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
03-01-2017 01:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)