Autism Friends Network Home | Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Images of May Day
HammerBioLizard
Unregistered

Images of May Day
https://www.theguardian.com/world/galler...ns-workers

Come gather round people, wherever you roam ...
and admit that the waters around you have grown ...
05-02-2017 11:37 AM
Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

RE: Images of May Day
Third world workers protesting for a living wage?????? I thought all the businesses pulled manufacturing out of my country because the workers were too expensive?????? So once I applied for a manufacturing job that paid well above minimum wage and I was told that I could not work there because I "had a university degree and I wouod be bored."
05-09-2017 04:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d_olson27 Offline
ןןɐqppo uɐ ɟo ʇɐɥʍǝɯos

(05-09-2017 04:02 AM)MM Wrote:  Third world workers protesting for a living wage?????? I thought all the businesses pulled manufacturing out of my country because the workers were too expensive?????? So once I applied for a manufacturing job that paid well above minimum wage and I was told that I could not work there because I "had a university degree and I wouod be bored."

It's all part of the goal of minimizing costs and maximizing profits. Of course, they can't sell it to the working class that way, so they have to lie to us.

[Image: FSMbkgrd1_th1_zpsd72bf4fc.jpg]
05-09-2017 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MM Offline
elder

Just like certain chain stores giving workers one 4 hour shift per week and expecting welfare to take up the slack. They claim they are helping people with disabilities by employing them. Rarely do they give workers enough hours to qualify for fulltime and have to pay those applicable employer taxes or pay for benefits.
05-13-2017 10:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)